For almost 20 years we've been sharing adventures and passing on our photographic knowhow in some of the most spectacular places on earth. We'd like to think that during that time we've earned a solid reputation for our passion and importantly, our sense of fun.
We’ve taken photographers to almost every corner of the planet but these days we focus closer to home, where we know the lie of the land intimately. We’re passionate about Scotland’s wild nature and are committed to building an economic case for a wilder Scotland. Our photo tours are therefore designed to provide our guests with a fulfilling experience but also to contribute directly to Scotland’s wildlife and wild places.
Why choose Northshots?
- We are Scotland's longest-established provider of photographic tours.
- We pioneered many aspects of nature-based tourism in Scotland.
- We're a tight-knit family company striving to act with honesty and integrity in all of our business practices.
- We are fully compliant with Package & Travel Regulations.
- Our photo tours are fully inclusive of accommodation in single rooms, meals and tuition.
- Our guides are experienced photographers and are paid to guide - we don't just offer them 'free trips'.
- We put photography first, laughter second and souvenir shops very much third.
- Many of our tours are run from our own Ballintean Mountain Lodge sited within a 120-acre rewilding reserve.
- Wherever possible we use locally sourced and/or organic food and purchase local services to demonstrate the economic benefits of nature-based tourism.
- We invest a significant proportion of our revenue in Scottish rewilding initiatives. Each tour page indicates which charity or project, the tour will benefit.